SPECIALS... Monday - Guidance, Tuesday - Library, Wednesday - PE, Thursday - Art & Music, Friday - Computer,

Monday, June 1, 2020

Dear Parents,


I just want to say thank you to each of you for sharing your amazing children with me for this journey called first grade. Never in a million years would we have thought our year would end this way. When we left school on the 13th of March I was so hopeful we would be together again, in a few weeks. Unfortunately, here we are still participating in remote learning. I am so sad we missed our field trip to Moose Point, our field day, making our memory book, and all our daily learning & interactions. I can not believe it is our last week of school for the year! It is bittersweet, but I am so proud of each first grade friend.They have each grown academically and as individuals. 


Thank you for continuing to work with your children at home. Thank you for sharing work samples, pictures, or emails. Thank you for helping make a meeting time or whole class meeting time work for your child. Thank you for being awesome! These first grade friends have some pretty amazing families….guess that is why they are so wonderful.


We will never forget the year 2020 and all that came with it. Here’s to our last week of first grade!  At CDS open house in the fall, please stop by and say hi. I am eagerly waiting for a high five or hug from each of my fantastic first graders! 


Wishing you all a healthy and fun summer. 


Sincerely,

Shelly Lausier

No comments:

Post a Comment